Restorative dentistry is linked to the diagnosis of problems related to the health and function of teeth and the treatment and repair of broken, infected or otherwise damaged teeth, gums and tissue. General dentists serve as the primary care provider for the patients, managing their oral health care needs and coordinating treatment with specialists when necessary.
Your teeth structure can be lost as a result of a car accident, cavities, fractures due to tooth weakness, or the deterioration of a previously placed restoration. Most practicing dentists offer restorative tooth treatment to restore damaged teeth and to restore your smile. Smiles are important. Here is the process include the restorative dentistry.
- Fillings: fillings are used to repair cracked or broken teeth that have been worn down. Today, several types of fillings are available and it includes Amalgam, silver fillings, Composite resins, or tooth-colored fillings gold fillings.
- Crowns: The purpose of a crown is to strengthen a damaged tooth and besides that, it is used to enhance the appearance, shape, and alignment. It is placed on a top of an implant to provide the tooth-like shape and to function. Porcelain or ceramic crowns can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
- Bridges: Dental bridges bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap — these two or more anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth — and false tooth/teeth in between.
- Implants: A dental implant is an artificial tooth with an extension that takes the place of a tooth’s missing root. The dental implant takes the place of the missing tooth root and is placed in the jaw bone where the missing tooth once occupied.
- Root Canal: Root canal a procedure used when a tooth’s root is damaged and the unhealthy tooth tissue is removed and the empty space is filled. Root canals are repairs to the root in an attempt to save the non-affected area of the tooth.
Benefits of restorative dentistry
Dental restoration makes it possible to get back the lost sparkle in your smile. Here are some of the benefits of the dental restoration
- Good Dental Structure
- Long lasting solution
- Elimination of dental discomfort
- Effective and convenient solution
Schedule an Appointment Today with Lakewood Dental Smile.
To know more about dental restorations or to schedule an appointment for dental crowns, dental bridge, dental fillings, dental implants, dentures or dental bonding, in Michigan, Lakewood dental smile is one of the best dental clinics in the region. You can make an online appointment by visiting their site.